Our Statement of Commitment
GFL Environmental Inc. is committed to supporting the goals of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (‘AODA’). GFL Environmental will establish policies, practices and procedures consistent with the accessibility standards outlined under AODA to provide a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders, including our customers/clients, employees, job applicants, suppliers and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information or use our services.
GFL Environmental will provide training to all full-time, part-time and temporary employees. This training will be provided as part of the orientation process and completed within a two week timeframe.
Training will include:
- Providing a copy of GFL’s AODA Accessibility Policy to each new employee
- An overview of the AODA and the Human Rights Code as it relates to people with disabilities
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or support person
Through our contact and communication with our customers, suppliers, employees and job applicants, GFL Environmental will:
- Respect the dignity and independence of people with disabilities
- Commit to providing people with disabilities the same opportunities and allowing them to benefit from the same services
- Communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability
- Provide fully accessible services to communicate with people with disabilities (i.e. telephone services or email) and to accommodate specific requests if service needs are not available
GFL Environmental is committed to fair and accessible hiring and employment practices.
GFL Environmental welcomes feedback on how we provide accessible customer service. Customer feedback will help us identify barriers and respond to concerns.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way GFL Environmental provides goods, services or facilities to people with disabilities can provide feedback in the following ways:
- By calling our Corporate HR Department at 905-326-0101, ext. 60314
- By e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail: GFL Environmental Inc., 100 New Park Place, Suite 500, Vaughan, ON L4K 0H9, Attention: Human Resources
All feedback, including complaints, will be handled in the following manner:
- The HR Director or a delegate will review the customer feedback and investigate the situation. Customers can expect to hear back within 2 business days of GFL receiving the information.
GFL Environmental will ensure our feedback process is accessible to people with disabilities by providing or arranging for accessible formats and communication supports, on request.
Notice of availability of documents
GFL Environmental will notify the public that documents related to accessible customer service are available upon request in the following ways:
- We will post on our company website that accessible information is available upon request.
- We will post in our customer facing locations that accessible information is available.
GFL Environmental will provide this information in an accessible format or with communication support, on request. We will consult with the person making the request to determine the suitability of the format or communication support. We will provide the accessible format in a timely manner, and at no additional cost.