Communicates with drivers to assist with problem resolution while on route. Handles incoming service orders, directs drivers, and resolves service issues. Interacts with customers, including customer service, sales, and operational staff. Uses GFL proprietary software to enter ticket information and track productivity.
• Schedule service and satisfy customer needs for service changes. Ensure that service is completed in accordance with established policies.
• Dispatch calls to routes based upon designated route and driver location.
• Perform driver check-ins at day’s end to ensure complete and accurate paperwork completion.
• Distribute, collect and review route sheets for proper days end data entry.
• Ensure coordination with other departments, clarifying roles and responsibilities for resolving service issues.
• General purchasing and payables transactions.
• Invoicing daily work orders.
• May perform some additional responsibilities as assigned by the General Manager.
• Interacts with customers, customer service department, sales, & Operations staff reporting to General Manager.
• Works with routing specialists to optimize routes.
• Fields incoming calls / emails from customers.
• Trouble shoots and resolves potential delivery and pickup problems before they result in service issues.
• Records and document information from drivers and distributes to appropriate departments.
• Communicates with maintenance shop personnel.
• Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally via email, telephone and two way devices.
• Completion of high school. Post-secondary courses or diploma would be considered an asset.
• 1-2 years in a transportation, dispatch or customer service role.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong customer focus.
• Proven ability to multi-task & ability to prioritize tasks.
• Proficient in MS Outlook, Excel, Word.
• Knowledge of industry an asset but not required.
• Advanced skill level with software applications and word processing accuracy including adequate typing speed.
• Required to work extended hours including occasional weekends.
• Knowledge of industry considered an asset, but not required.
• Additional or specialized training in transportation, logistics, or similar area of study; customer service experience in a call center environment.