Official Contest Rules
1. SPONSOR: Get Back to the Green with GFL (the “Contest”) is sponsored by GFL Environmental Inc., 40 King Street West, Suite 5002, Toronto Ontario, M5H 3Y2 (the “Sponsor”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry, with the exception of employees of the Sponsor, its related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, contest administrators, and any other parties engaged in the development, production or distribution of Contest materials and those living in the same household. No purchase of any kind is necessary to enter or win. By participating in this Contest, entrants acknowledge compliance with, and agree to be bound by, these Contest Rules. Entrants who do not comply with any of the Contest Rules are subject to disqualification by the Sponsor, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
3. CONTEST DATES AND TIMES: The Contest begins July 1, 2017 at 12:01 a.m. CST and ends September 30, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. CST (the “Contest End Date”) after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries shall be accepted.
4. HOW TO ENTER: Official Get Back to the Green with GFL Entry Forms can be mailed to GET BACK TO THE GREEN WITH GFL, P.O. Box 25055, 100 Cory Road, Saskatoon, SK, S7K 8B7. All entries must be received before September 30, 2017, at 11:59 p.m. CST. To receive an official entry form, mail a request to GFL ENTRY FORM REQUEST, Site 414, Comp 9, RR4 Main, Saskatoon, SK, S7K 3J7. Limit one entry form per mailed request. All entries must contain a complete first and last name, telephone number, postal code and e-mail address to be a valid entry and are subject to verification by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise, illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, all in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating and/or winning a prize. Entry forms that contain false or incomplete information are void. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of the Contest Rules are void. Entrants grant Sponsor a non-exclusive license to use all entries for any purpose. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrants. Proof of transmission (photographs, copies or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of entry or receipt of an entry.
5. CONTEST PRIZES: There are a total of three prizes available to be won as follows: (i) trip for two to Banff, Alberta, including round-trip flight to Calgary, Alberta, shuttle to and accommodations at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel and two passes to the Fairmont Banff Springs Golf Course (prize will be awarded as a $3200 travel voucher from Flight Centre which can be applied toward travel as described herein or for any other travel services offered by Flight Centre); (ii) a Cobra King F7 Driver and set of golf balls (approximate retail value $500); and (iii) two GFL golf shirts (approximate retail value $200). Prize winners are responsible for contacting Flight Centre to redeem travel vouchers and coordinate travel plans. Travel vouchers are subject to Flight Centre Terms and Conditions. Winners and guests are responsible for any matters involving travel insurance (including trip cancellation insurance) unless otherwise indicated or requested by the Sponsor.
Prize winners and guests (or guests’ parent/legal guardian if a minor) must execute the Sponsor’s Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release and Travel Companion Release forms prior to travel. All travel is subject to availability. Travel costs will vary depending on departure location. Flight Centre voucher will cover costs of travel, accommodations and golf course passes up to a maximum of $3200.
All winners and their guests assume any and all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by entering, participating in this promotion or use or redemption of a prize. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and have no cash value. Prizes or any portion thereof cannot be combined with other discounts, promotions or special offers. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an alternate prize of equal or greater value if an advertised prize is unavailable at time of award.
6. ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received before the Contest End Date.
7. SKILL TESTING QUESTION: The Selected Entrants will be required, as a condition to winning a Prize, to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, or being presented in advance, the Sponsor’s time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question to be administered during a pre-arranged telephone call.
8. WINNER SELECTION AND CONFIRMATION: On August 1, September 1 and October 2, 2017 at 10:30 a.m. CST in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, at 100 Cory Road, S7K 3J7 (the “Draw Dates”) the Sponsor, or an employee, agent or other representative of the Sponsor, will conduct a random draw from all eligible entries received at the time of the draw and select one potential winner on each of the Draw Dates (“Selected Entrants”) for a total of three winners. The Selected Entrants will be deemed winners if they meet all of the eligibility criteria set out in these Contest Rules. If a Selected Entrant does not meet the eligibility criteria, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a prize and another entrant will be selected by way of a random draw from the remaining eligible entries. Before being declared a winner, Selected Entrants will be required to: (i) correctly answer the Sponsor’s skill-testing question; (ii) sign and return the Sponsor’s Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release and Travel Companion Release forms; and (iii) comply with all other Contest Rules, all in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
Selected Entrants will be notified by telephone within one (1) business day of the draw and will be contacted using the telephone number provided at the time of entry into the Contest. Up to three attempts will be made within 36 hours following the draw. A Selected Entrant that does not or cannot accept the Prize, or does not or cannot travel, may be forfeited and a new Selected Entrant selected by random draw, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Signed release forms must be received by the Sponsor no later than November 1, 2017. The Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a Selected Entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsor to receive a Selected Entrant’s response.
9. RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: The winner and guest (or the guest’s parent/legal guardian if a minor) must sign the Sponsor’s Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release and Travel Companion Release forms to: (i) confirm compliance with the Contest Rules; (ii) agree to accept the prize as awarded; (iii) release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor, its related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, counsel, marketing partners and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, subsidiaries, agents, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the administration, development and execution of the Contest (the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, loss or injury, use or misuse of a prize or any travel related thereto, and the use of the Entry by the Sponsor, suit, debt, covenant, contract, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third party contractor or supplier used in connection with any aspect of the Contest to perform or deliver any goods or services, any act of God or any other event beyond the Released Parties’ control, any dissatisfaction of any kind by a winner with any aspect of the Contest or any prize, liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the entrants, guests, their heirs, successors or assigns have, might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the entrant of the Prize as awarded; and (iv) indemnify the Released Parties against any loss, damage or expense, including legal fees, that any of the Released Parties may suffer or incur as a result of any non-compliance by an entrant with any of the Contest Rules or participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by an entrant of a prize, including any travel thereto and the use of the Entry by Sponsor.
The Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) incorrect or inaccurate entry information which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest or be awarded a prize, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost or delayed entries for any reason, mail failures, omission, or any combination thereof, and entries which fail to fully comply with these Contest Rules; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) lost, incomplete, delayed, mutilated or misdirected entries or Declaration and Release forms; (iv) injury or damage to the entrant’s computer or to any other individual’s computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material regarding the Contest or accepting a prize; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, including any travel related thereto and the use of the Entry by Sponsor; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers” or otherwise; or (vii) late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner.
10. CONDUCT: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant it finds to be: (i) violating these Contest Rules; (ii) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (iii) acting in an un-sportsperson-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, all in the discretion of the Sponsor. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and/or civil laws. Should any such attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. OTHER CONDITIONS: The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or amend this Contest at any time and in any way, without prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned for any reason, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest and conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries received by the Contest End Date.
Publicity and entrant information: By participating in the Contest, entrants consent to the use of their name, address, postal code, e-mail address, telephone number, social media handles, comments and image, whether on videotape, photograph or any other means, for the administration of this Contest or any publicity carried out by the Sponsor, without further notice or compensation and, with consent, to receive promotional information from GFL Environmental Inc.
Law: The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial, territorial, municipal and local laws. This Contest shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, and any dispute shall be adjudicated by the courts sitting in Toronto, Ontario.
Rule amendments: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend or modify these Contest Rules, or modify, cancel or suspend this Contest, without prior notice for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation in the event that any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor corrupts, or threatens to corrupt, the security or proper administration of the Contest.
Insurance: The Sponsor may require the winner and any travel guests to obtain travel insurance, including trip cancellation insurance, prior to departure, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Intellectual Property: All intellectual property, other than that provided by the Fairmont Banff Springs or Flight Centre, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or other intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsor is strictly prohibited. The Sponsor’s marketing or other partners, if any, shall also have access to and rights to reproduce, copy or otherwise use any materials generated by this Contest or any submissions or materials generated by entrants.
© GFL Environmental Inc. 2017. All Rights Reserved.
Golf Image courtesy of Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel