Roeland Park Trash Collection Services
GFL is proud to service the residents of Riverside and meet your trash and recycling needs. More information on our services in your community is listed below.
If you require further assistance, contact your local team at 816-380-5595 (press Option 3 for residential service) or [email protected].
Residential Trash Collection
- Place items at the curbside by 7 AM.
- Place trash and recycling carts within a foot of the curb, with the arrow facing the street.
- Please put bagged trash only in the cart. Materials in the recycling cart must NOT be bagged.
- Place trash and recycling carts at least two (2) feet from one another, as well as from objects like mailboxes and parked vehicles.
- To dispose of excess trash, affix overage stickers to bags for collection. Overage stickers are available for $10.00/sheet (five stickers per sheet). Contact us to receive stickers.
- Place overage bags next to your trash cart. DO NOT set extra bags on top of your cart.
- DO NOT mix yard waste with trash.
- Construction debris, demolition debris, hazardous waste, oil, paint, and chemicals WILL NOT be collected.
- Place items at the curbside by 7 AM the day of the scheduled collection service.
- Please break down excess cardboard boxes and stack them next to your cart.
- DO NOT mix yard waste with recycling.
- Paper products
- All paper/fiber products (junk mail, newspapers, magazines)
- Corrugated cardboard
- Clean and empty beverage cartons
- Plastic containers
- All household plastic containers marked with the recycling symbol (with or without caps). Includes Plastics #1-#7, except Plastics #6
- Metal containers
- Aluminum containers
- Steel and tin cans
Items NOT Collected for Recycling:
- NO glass products
- NO plastic bags
- NO Styrofoam
- NO packing materials
- NO yard waste
Contamination of the waste stream poses a significant threat to the recycling markets. Remember – when in doubt, throw it out.
Yard Waste Collection
- Yard waste will be collected at the curb on your regular service day.
- Accepted materials include grass clippings, leaves, plants, small shrubs, and limbs (less than 2 inches in diameter)
- Yard waste must be placed in biodegradable paper bags not to exceed 50 pounds. Plastic bags WILL NOT be accepted.
- Tree branches and limbs must be tied with string or twine in bundles no more than 4 feet long or 18 inches in diameter, and no more than 50 pounds in weight.
- Wood fencing, landscape timbers, flowerpots, yard decoration, mulch, rock, dirt and similar items are not considered yard waste and WILL NOT be collected.
Bulk Item and White Goods Collection
- Up to two bulk items per month will be collected at Roeland Park households.
- There will be a scheduled collection for one “no charge bulk item” on the 1st and 3rd service day each month.
- Bulk items include: couch, chair, dresser, mattress, etc.
- Bulk item collection excludes appliances containing CFCs, hazardous wastes, tires and automotive parts, and electronics waste items such as televisions, computer monitors, and Construction materials.
Additional removal of bulk items exceeding 2 items per month may be arranged by Contacting GFL to make arrangements.
GFL observes the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Independence Day
If your regular weekly collection day falls on or after these holidays, your trash and recyclables will be collected on Saturdays of the holiday week.
Contact GFL Customer Service by calling 816-380-5595 (Option 3) or at [email protected].