GFL is proud to service the residents of Lake Winnebago and meet your trash and recycling needs. More information on our services in your community is listed below.
If you require further assistance, contact your local team at 816-380-5595 (press Option 3 for residential service) or [email protected].
Residential Trash Collection
- Place items at the curbside by 7 AM the day of the scheduled collection service.
- Place the trash cart within a foot of the curb, with the arrow facing the street.
- Place trash and recycling carts at least two (2) feet from one another, as well as from objects like mailboxes and parked vehicles.
- To dispose of excess trash, affix overage stickers to bags for collection. Overage stickers are available for $10/sheet (five stickers per sheet). Stickers are available at City Hall or from GFL customer service.
- Place overage bags next to your trash cart. DO NOT set extra bags on top of your cart.
- Residents can establish individually-billed accounts for additional trash carts. Contact GFL to set up an account.
- DO NOT mix yard waste with trash.
- Construction and demolition debris WILL NOT be collected.
- Residents may place an unlimited number of items at the curb for recycling.
- Place items at the curbside by 7 AM the day of the scheduled weekly collection service.
- Please break down excess cardboard boxes and stack them next to your cart.
- DO NOT mix yard waste with recycling.
- Paper products
- All paper/fiber products (junk mail, newspapers, magazines)
- Corrugated cardboard
- Clean and empty beverage cartons
- Plastic containers
- Household plastic containers marked with the recycling symbol (with or without caps). Includes Plastics #1, #2, #4 and #5
- Metal containers
- Aluminum containers
- Steel and tin cans
Items NOT Collected for Recycling:
- NO glass products
- NO plastic bags
- NO Styrofoam
- NO packing materials
- NO yard waste
Contamination of the waste stream poses a significant threat to the recycling markets. Remember – when in doubt, throw it out.
Weekly Yard Waste Collection
- Yard waste (grass clippings, leaves, plants, small shrubs, and limbs less than 2 inches in diameter) must be placed in paper bags not to exceed 40 pounds.
- Bundled materials must be no more than 36 inches long or 18 inches in diameter.
- There is a limit of 10 bags/bundles per week.
- Rigid containers and barrels will not be collected.
- Non-artificial Christmas trees will be collected in January. Please cut Christmas trees into sections not to exceed four (4) feet in length and remove all decorations.
- Fencing, landscape timbers, flowerpots, yard decoration, mulch, rock, dirt and similar items are not considered yard waste and WILL NOT be collected.
GFL observes the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Independence Day
If your regular weekly collection day falls on or after these holidays, your trash and recyclables will be collected one day late.
Contact GFL Customer Service by calling 816-380-5595 (Option 3) or at [email protected].